10+ years of professional experience, and a passion for perfecting the process of achieving a successful WordPress website project. Canadian Work Permit acquired.
- Professionalism, thoroughness, and written/oral communication with clients and team members.
- Expertise in WordPress, including ability to integrate any functionality and create custom coding necessary to meet precise client needs.
- 20+ years’ experience with Photoshop.
- Ability to create custom WordPress widgets and plugins for optimal website functioning.
- Ability to guide individuals through steps and strategies for best utilization of WordPress by creating custom tutorials and videos, and conducting in-person training.
Owner, Grow Your World Web Connections
January 2007 – March 2012, February 2019 – present
- Freelance design business includes web development, graphic design, digital marketing consulting and other work for various commercial and nonprofit clients.
- 2019-20: Worked as subcontractor for Moff Interactive (Kingston, WA), doing WordPress updates and other development work.
Communications Coordinator, Washington State University Kitsap Extension
September 2019 – present (part-time)
- Created full digital marketing strategy, integrated a number of new social media channels, created a new monthly eNewsletter for all programs, ensured smooth extension functioning online during for all programs during COVID-19.
- Implemented a number of website improvements unique to WSU extensions.
- Created full Impact Reports for all programs to WSU specifications.
- Designed and coordinated printed collateral, such as rack cards and posters.
- Assisted with IT duties on-site as necessary, including overseeing shifting office over to new phone system.
Web Developer, Washington State Golf Association / Pacific Northwest Golf Association / The Home Course
March 2012 – February 2019
- Created and oversaw management of 8 new websites using WordPress, including several very large and complex sites (40+ pages). Completed redesign of several sites to make responsive.
- Worked closely on a constant basis with staff members to customize various sections and pages to meet their exact needs.
- Wrote custom code to integrate API for business CRM.
- Participated in rebranding project for 100 year-old association, lending web development and graphic design expertise.
- Took charge of twice-monthly eNewsletter, a primary marketing tool.
- Oversaw installation and online integration of webcam at association-owned golf course.
- Assisted other associations across the Pacific Northwest and the country to optimize their own websites.
Seattle Central College, Web Development Program
Through March 2012
Tulane Law School, New Orleans, LA
Through June 2003
- Completed one-half of the credits necessary for graduation.
University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Through June 1998
- Bachelors Degree, Political Science and Comparative History of Ideas.
Have practiced Aikido for 20+ years, reaching the level of Nidan (2nd degree black belt) and teaching classes for adults and children. Helped to open new dojo, Tacoma Aikikai, and introduce Aikido to a new area of the region in 2017.